Ready to further your education?
We will begin accepting applications for the next cohort of the RN Pathway Program on Wednesday, Feb. 9.
Through our partnership with Vermont Technical College (VTC), our RN Pathway Program allows full-time CVMC LPN employees to continue earning a salary while studying to complete their Associate of Science in Nursing degree, leading to eligibility for RN licensure.
CVMC Application Deadline is Feb. 23
- CVMC will begin accepting applications for the next cohort of the RN Pathway Program on Wednesday, Feb. 9.
- The CVMC application deadline is Wednesday, Feb. 23.
- Selected candidates will be invited to apply to VTC; deadline for the VTC application is Tuesday, March 15.
Interested? Attend an Information Session on Feb. 9
- For your convenience, information sessions will be held at three different times on Wednesday, Feb. 9 at 7:30 a.m., 12 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- You only need to attend one session.
- To register, contact Workforce Development Coordinator Megan Foster at Megan.Foster@cvmc.org or 802-371-5910.
How to Apply
Application Deadline – Feb. 23, 2022
Please have ready the following items to upload with your application:
- Cover letter and résumé
- One letter of reference from current department supervisor
- One letter of reference from current employer/manager, teacher or other professional mentor
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the next cohort start?
- Students will begin their studies through VTC in the fall of 2022.
How many work hours are required during the program?
- While enrolled in the nursing program at VTC, students will work their regular job for 24 hours per week.
- Students will receive pay for an additional 12 hours per week to allow time for classwork, lab/clinical instruction, and studying.
How does tuition reimbursement work?
- Students are responsible for paying all tuition and fees. For graduates who commit to working at CVMC for two years, CVMC will begin reimbursing tuition costs one year after graduation.
What if I’m per diem or part-time? Am I eligible?
- In order to be eligible, you need to be a full-time CVMC employee.
- Contact one of our talent acquisition partners to discuss current full-time job opportunities.
I work at UVM Health Network affiliate. Am I eligible?
- At this time, the RN Pathway Program is specific to CVMC.
I’ve taken pre-requisites in the past. Do I need to retake those courses?
- Possibly, depending on the timeframe and your grades.
- We will review the courses and grades on your transcript to determine whether they meet the requirements for this program.
I’ve started nursing school in the past, but did not finish. Do I need to start over?
- You will need to complete the RN Pathway Program curriculum through VTC (coursework and lab/clinical instruction) in its entirety.
- For pre-requisite courses taken prior to enrollment, we will review the courses and grades on your transcript to determine whether they meet the requirements for this program.