UVM Health Network – CVMC is a not-for-profit community resource. We receive numerous requests from community agencies, not-for-profit organizations and employees seeking sponsorship or marketing support of their events or causes. To help us make informed decisions on our sponsorships, we have developed the following guidelines.
Please review the guidelines and fill out the sponsorship request form.
In order to consider a sponsorship request, it must be consistent with UVM Health Network – CVMC’s mission and strategic plan, and we must answer “YES” to at least one of these questions:
- Does the community organization or event seek to address a community health care need? Priority should be given to those organizations and events that align with our community needs assessment?
- Will the sponsorship request provide us with an opportunity to communicate our capabilities as a leading community medical center?
- Will the sponsorship request provide us with an opportunity to market or promote key services?
Requests to Sponsor Individuals not Accepted
UVM Health Network – CVMC cannot sponsor or promote employees or other individuals who may approach the organization for financial support for their individual participation in a fundraising effort or event.
Is the UVM Health Network or other affiliates planning to or already sponsoring?
If the UVM Health Network or another affiliate organization is already sponsoring the organization or event, CVMC will not be an additional sponsor.
- Value: The event/activity provides good promotional value for the dollars invested.
- Geographic Reach/Size of Audience: The event/activity reaches a desirable target audience in our service area such as consumers, physicians, potential donors, community and government leaders. The larger the target audience reached, the better value provided.
- Exclusivity: If CVMC is asked to be a major sponsor, the number of major sponsors must be limited to three, including CVMC. Ideally, we would also like to be the only health care or hospital sponsor.
- On-Site Involvement: There is an opportunity for on-site involvement at the event, including:
- Opportunity for CVMC leadership to be present and interact with community leaders, donors or other stakeholders.
- Opportunity for the appropriate service line area or content experts to staff an informational table, provide an interactive activity such as a screening, or provide an educational talk.
Consideration will be given to events where service line staff or other CVMC staff are committed to participating on site at the event.
- Public Relations/Political Sensitivities: Our participation in the event will leave a good impression within the community.
Review and Approval Process
- All organizations approaching UVM Health Network – CVMC for sponsorship or promotional support must fill out a copy of our sponsorship request form.
- We ask that community organizations submit requests four months to a year in advance, especially if this is a first-time sponsorship, rather than one we have funded in the past. New requests that are received less than four months in advance of the deadline for making a decision risk being excluded from consideration.
- The Marketing and Communications department will review against the established criteria for an initial screen. If the sponsorship looks promising and there is available budget, M&C will review with the leader whose department would benefit from the sponsorship to determine if the sponsorship should be approved.
Questions about our sponsorship process and criteria may be directed to Hjonis Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 371-4199