Our ambulatory care program offers outpatient surgery and procedures, including colonoscopy, therapy, and pain block procedures in the outpatient care center in Berlin, VT.
Nobody likes to stay in the hospital, so the outpatient clinical care team at Central Vermont Medical Center offers a range of tests, procedures, and treatments at our Ambulatory Care program.
We admit and discharge patients having surgical and endoscopy procedures, administer IV medications and blood transfusions, and provide care for patients having other outpatient procedures, such as eye laser treatments and chronic pain procedures.
Patients can count on our team of doctors, surgeons, and nurses to answer questions and thoroughly explain procedures and next steps in a comfortable, compassionate environment.
Ambulatory Care Services
The following procedures take place in Ambulatory Care:
- Surgery: We perform outpatient surgery in five state-of-the-art operating rooms. Learn more.
- Endoscopy: Patients can receive colonoscopies, gastroscopies. and bronchoscopies for diagnosis or treatment in our endoscopic unit. Learn more.
- Infusions: Receive IV medication, blood infusions, or peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) line insertion and management.
- Pain Clinic: Patients can receive pain block procedures such as epidurals to relieve chronic pain in our pain clinic. Learn more.
- Electoconvulsive Therapy (ECT): This highly-effective treatment for major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia, is available in our outpatient care center
To contact our Ambulatory Services unit, call 802-371-4329
Ambulatory Care (Day Surgery)
Same Day Surgery:
Monday to Friday: 6:30 am - 8:00 pm
Monday to Friday: 7:30 am - 8:00 pm