Central Vermont Medical Center's Patient Navigator works with you to get the support and services you need—we want you to receive the best care possible.
The patient navigator can:
- Guide you through the healthcare system
- Direct you to health care services for further diagnosis and treatment
- Help you with financial and insurance issues
- Help you keep track of your appointments
- Help you arrange transportation for your appointments
- Direct you to community resources and support
- Give you emotional support
- Help you get your questions answered and find educational materials
- Help you with decision-making and advance directives
Meet our Patient Navigator Diane Jones
Diane Jones earned her MS from University of Vermont, College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Diane is a Certified Oncology Patient Navigator, Personal Trainer and Behavior Change Specialist. Diane is a key stakeholder on the UVM Cancer Center Community Advisory Board, collaborates with local and state agencies to reduce cancer disparities and increase access for all cancer patients at CVMC. In her role, she provides guidance for patients through the health care system, can help with financial and insurance issues, transportation, connection to wellness resources, provides educational guidance, facilitates support groups and can help with advanced care planning documentation. Diane is a resource for all cancer patients and their families in Central Vermont.
Diane enjoys participating in triathlon’s, swimming, boating, golfing and spending time in the outdoors with her family. If anything is keeping you from getting the cancer care you need, when you need it, please contact Diane at 802-225-5449.