In operation for over 45 years, the general surgeons at Central Vermont Medical Center have a long tradition of providing outstanding service to our community.
Welcome to the Division of General Surgery
CVMC's team of general surgeons provides a wide variety of both inpatient and outpatient surgical services that employ the latest techniques in both minimally invasive and traditional open surgery. Our surgeons perform over 1,030 general and thoracic surgical cases and over 500 endoscopies each year. Surgery is performed in CVMC's five newly renovated operating rooms and three minor procedure rooms.
In addition, if a referral is required our partnership with the University of Vermont Medical Center provides us with tertiary care capability just 30 miles away in Burlington.
Outpatient surgical procedures performed at CVMC include thoracic surgery, minimally invasive surgery, and laparoscopic surgery.
- Minimally invasive (laparoscopic) abdominal surgery:
- Colon, appendix and small bowel resection (benign and malignant disease)
- Inguinal, umbilical and incisional hernia repair
- Peritoneal dialysis catheter placement
- Benign and malignant breast disease
- Benign and malignant disease of skin and soft tissue
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for breast cancer and melanoma
- Varicose vein treatment (including saphenous vein ablation)
- Hemorrhoid pexy
- Biliary Tract Disease
For more information about the surgical oncology services our general surgeon provide for the treatment of breast cancer, colon cancer, head and neck cancers, gynecologic cancers, lung cancer, skin cancer, urologic cancers and more, click here.