At our Outpatient Laboratory our nationally certified technicians (phlebotomists) draw blood in a professional and caring manner for a variety of tests.
CVMC’s outpatient laboratory will be closed on Saturdays in November as we update our computer system.
Important Information for Your Blood Draw
- Eating Restrictions: An eight to twelve hour fast is recommended for some blood tests, however you may drink as much water, black coffee or tea as you like. As a matter of fact, the better hydrated you are, the easier your blood draw will be.
- Registration/Check-In: Unless you have a standing order, you must check in with Registration. If your physician has given you a copy of your lab orders, please bring it with you.
- Estimated Length: Please allow adequate time for your visit. Most patients can expect to complete both the Registration process and have their blood drawn in 30 minutes or less.
- Walk-Ins: Although some lab tests need to be scheduled, walk-ins are welcome. Patients are drawn in the order they check-in. Please understand that patients with STAT orders or timed testing must take priority.
After Your Blood Draw
- Your physician will notify you of your lab results within two weeks of your blood draw.
- You will hear sooner if your lab results are critical or if any medication adjustments need to be made.
- If you have not heard from your physician within two weeks, contact your physician’s office.
Please check in at Registration in the Hospital's main lobby
Please check in at registration in the hospital's main lobby.
CVMC’s outpatient laboratory/blood draw will be closed on Saturdays in November (13, 20, and 27) as we update our computer system.