Dear Central Vermont Community Members,
Thanks to your continued vigilance and adherence to the Governor’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order, we have collectively reduced the community prevalence of COVID-19 in Central Vermont.
With Governor Scott’s amended order allowing limited elective procedures, CVMC is expanding our services. Starting Monday, all CVMC practices will begin increasing the number and types of in-person clinic visits and procedures we provide to our patients. Safety remains our top priority and we have systems and protocols in place to assure your continued safety and that of our team.
Our newest service is our drive through Acute Respiratory Clinic. The goal of this clinic to provide efficient, effective, and convenient service to our patients who have a respiratory condition in a centralized location. Patients without respiratory symptoms will continue to be seen by their primary care clinicians.
Our operations going forward will continue to include the following:
- Telehealth visits.
- COVID-19 testing.
- COVID-19 Call Center: (802-371-5310).
- Screening everyone entering our buildings for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Requiring that everyone wear a mask within CVMC facilities.
- In-car check-in at our practices.
- Enhanced "COVID-safe" check-in at our emergency department
- Emergency department separation of respiratory and non-respiratory patients.
- Floor markings and distanced seating to encourage six feet of separation.
- Modified patient flow through inpatient care areas.
- Intensive sanitization protocols and removal of all permeable surfaces and materials from common areas
I want to emphasize the importance of not delaying your health care. We are here to support you in receiving the care that you need, when you need it. Please call your primary care provider to determine if a video or in-person visit is appropriate for you.
As we continue to adjust to a “new normal” know that we are committed to supporting your continued wellness, safety and health promotion. Take advantage of the CVMC COVID-19 Call Center (802-371-5310) for any COVID-19 related questions you may have.
Central Vermont Medical Center is here to support you, as our community emerges from Governor Scott’s Stay Home, Stay Safe order.
Anna Tempesta Noonan, RN, BSN, MS
President and Chief Operating Officer
Central Vermont Medical Center